Gout is a type of arthritis, which occurs as a result of the accumulation of uric acid, which forms crystals in the joints, that form in the synovial fluid (lubricating fluid around joints) and lead to inflammation and intense joint pain.
It generally occurs more often in men and second most in postmenopausal women.
In the case of a gout attack, one usually experiences pain, redness, and swelling in the area of the big toe, and other body joints. The pain can be so intense that even touching the area can be excruciating.
It can be caused by a diet rich in carbs, hydrogenated fats, alcohol, and conventional meat, but the risk is also elevated in the case of stress, high blood pressure, insulin resistance, obesity, kidney disease, stress, and an acidic system.
In most cases, gout is treated with medications like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, which pose serious health risks. We will explain gout in details and help you relieve its symptoms naturally.
Purines are substances that naturally occur in the body and are converted into uric acid. They are healthy and needed for the DNA and DNA replication.
However, a gout sufferer should limit the intake of purine-rich foods, like peas, beans, lentils, salmon, red meat, sardines, organ meat, herring, and oily fish, since they elevate the risk of this condition.
The body needs to run fructose into glucose in order to get energy, and the by-product of the process is uric acid. The high uric acid levels in the body stimulate the production of nitric oxide, which maintains the blood pressure low.
The excessive intake of fructose converts into LDL, which is stored in the form of fat in the body. Yet, note that these are the effects of fructose extracted from fruits an added to foods and drinks, not the one in fruits.
A study published in the Journal of Paediatrics that involved 5,000 teenagers, showed that the more juice and fizzy drinks they consumed, the higher their blood pressure and uric acid levels were.
Moreover, a study published in the British Medical Journal (BMJ) which analyzed the frequency of gout in more than 46,000 men for over 12 years, showed that the consumption of fizzy rinks significantly elevates the risk of gout.
Researchers have also shown that women those who drank one sugary drink daily had a 74% higher risk of gout than women who consumed less than one drink a month. Furthermore, the ones that consumed 2-3 sugary drinks daily had a 2 ½ times higher risk.
The consumption of alcohol raises the risk of gout too, and a 2004 study published in Lancet, found that beer poses the highest risk.
To naturally prevent this painful condition and reverse it, you should follow the tips below:
1. Avoid protein and high-purine foods such as beans, lentils, mussels, chicken, crabs, shellfish, oily fish, scallops, and porridge.
2. Avoid or limit the intake of cheese and beer
3. Drink at least 2 liters of water daily, to eliminate uric acid from the body
4. Eat fruits and vegetables on a daily basis, especially sweet potatoes, brown rice, celery, and amaranth
5. Increase the intake of prunes, since they support the metabolism of uric acid
6. Eat cherries, bilberries, blackberries, and blueberries, since they are rich in bioflavonoids and lower uric acid levels
7. Cherries and pineapples help the removal of uric acid from the body
8. To alkalize the body and prevent gout, mix a banana, pear, apple, cherries, and pineapple a blender, and add a teaspoon of chlorella, a small ginger piece, and unsweetened almond milk, and consume it every morning.
9. Ginger and turmeric have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that will help you fight inflammation and relieve gout. Chop off a little ginger piece the size of an inch and boil it in some water for about 20 minutes.
Then, drink the ginger tea during the entire day. Moreover, you can add ginger and turmeric to various recipes. Also, add ginger to some water in order to make a paste, and apply it to the affected area to act for half an hour.
10. Apple cider vinegar is one of the most versatile and beneficial natural remedies, which alkalizes the body and helps in the treatment of acute gout pain.
Drink 1-2 tablespoons of raw unfiltered and organic apple cider vinegar in a glass of at least 8 ounces of water a few times a day to experience significant relief. Also, you can soak the feet in a bucket full of 4 cups of hot water and 1 cup of apple cider vinegar for half an hour.
11. Baking soda is another natural gout remedy since it alkalizes the body. Add half a teaspoon to a glass of 8 oz. water, and drink this remedy several times during the day.
Yet, note that the Many will repeat this throughout the day until they have consumed at least 3 teaspoons of baking soda. It helps lower uric acid providing with relief maximum recommended dose is 4 teaspoons throughout the day.